high flue gas temperature readings of 90oc on Worcester 28i condensing boiler at full | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss high flue gas temperature readings of 90oc on Worcester 28i condensing boiler at full in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
in service mode and boiler on max the flue temp goes way up to 90c all other reading are ok . i rang Worcester and they said it was ok but i wonder if its the towel rail first of the boiler causing the high temp no thermostatic just lock shields. in hot water only mode tap full on its 68c .Although none of the thermostatic s had shut down in service mode and with hot tap running still high flue gas readings 90c after 8 mins full rate. ratio 0.0010- ppm about 100 on max- meter working pressure 20.5 gas valve 19 on max

Last edited:
Re: high flue gas temperature readings of 90oc on Worcester 28i condensing boiler at

does seem a little high,but whats your concern,every thing else in order.

Re: high flue gas temperature readings of 90oc on Worcester 28i condensing boiler at

hi desrob thanks for you rep lie im more worried about the temp and the plastic flue what temperatures can these cope with thanks

Think about how a boiler works MickeyUK :) I'm guessing you had this on water only yeh? There's only so much of the heat generated that'll be absorbed 'top end' of supply .. The rest will be waste yeh?

HI Diamond hot water only 68oc service mode 90oc hot water and rads

Think about how a boiler works MickeyUK :) I'm guessing you had this on water only yeh? There's only so much of the heat generated that'll be absorbed 'top end' of supply .. The rest will be waste yeh?

does the 28i condense in both hot water and central heating,i'm not sure they do,so maybe not high at all

So what would make the exhaust get to such a temp? It will condense on both hot wate and heating desrob you're right! Is 90[SUP]o[/SUP]C to hot? I honestly don't know the answer to that one but it's a darn sight cooler than conventional boilers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

yes it does desrob thanks

hi desrob thanks for you rep lie im more worried about the temp and the plastic flue what temperatures can these cope with thanks
and you have a sensor in there isolating the appliance if flue gasses get too hot...nothing to worry about mate

Stat will trip it out before the flue can melt wouldnt worry bout it

Thanks for your help Desrob

i wonder if its the towel rail first of the boiler causing the high temp no thermostatic just lock shields.

What would that have to do with the flue gas temperature?

The boiler will never ramp up to max ie service mode in normal operation anyway, it's purely for setting the range on the gas valve so nothing to worry about IMO

It's a chimney sweep function for cleaning any crap out of the flue, it's supposed to get hot!

I always thought that a condensing boiler with flow and return temps near the same would cause a rise in flue temp and boiler would not condense as it should.Thats the way i told years ago ! ha The return temp has a lot to do with flue temp and a bypass should not be off the boiler it should be at the far end of the system As for the 28i in service mode the diverter valve moves to mid position giving hot water and heating thats why you open the hot tap !When this boiler was in service mode flow and return temps were too close hence the rise in flue temp. Cause crap system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Looking at those working gas pressures and the...
Replies
Views
Less than 350ppm is acceptable according to...
Replies
Views
In principle it's should not drip but in...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Back