high limit stat | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss high limit stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi was just looking a second opinion on a job ive to look at. Its a old grant 50/70 euroflame. Its on an open vent system with no stats inside house. The high limit stat trips most days not while its in its cycle . Im told it wotks ok then just trips out after it switches off at time clock. I know it cud be poor circulation or pump but im thinking the stat with the way its going. Thanks in advance .

Pump stops when boiler switches off so there is no circulation but the latent heat builds up another few degrees.
Change the overheat stat.

Ye as far as i know eveything works fine until it switches off at timeclock then u nearly always have to hit the high limit. To be honest he knows nothing at all about it so he has trouble explaining it well..

Heat does build up. Main control stat might be turned up full or else it might be faulty & not the limit stat which is perhaps just doing its job correctly

As Best says..would change boiler thermostat first as maybe existing out of calibration..maybe fit pump over run if problem persists just for fun and show custurd how clever you are..always good to impress
:sorcerer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would agree, but only if the high stat were...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
Seemed so, for that first half hour. House had...
Replies
Views
Brand new stat failed?
Replies
Views
Back