Hilmor guides | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hilmor guides in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Durable in the sense they won't get dinged and compromised if kept loose in a toolbox, still shouldn't be more hard wearing or as accurate than aluminium guides though.

My monuments have nylon guides which the BIN plastic guides probably are, easier to pull
(than BINs with ali guides) because the nylon appears to be self-lubricating or just carry around a candle and wax your ali guides for an extra smooth pull.

bloody hell thats expensive.

I've just replaced my whole bender. By the time the guides are worn the former is worn and so is the alignment on the arm and the rollers. £80 and I had the last one 8 years, to not have any rippling or wonky offsets is well worth it.

Yeah my old record is now very “loose”; I have to go into a trance like state and ‘use the force’ to get a nice flat set - mind you it still gets results on a good day.
What did you buy fowlerboi?

Only ever had Himores. Someone I work with has the rothernberger and it doesn’t suffer the same issues the Hilmore does but the guide thickness is so small you can only remove the pipe from the bender in a certain position. Seriously frustrating to use in tight spaces.

I did like the Idea of the guidless bacho’s but at the cost I would need to use them for a week to ensure it was worth it.

Similar plumbing topics

J
You have a gas boiler and a HeatPump?
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Anyone have any ideas here?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Depending on what size/type your existing rad...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Might be worth testing with two zones off try...
Replies
Views
Only ones who will know for sure are baxi
Replies
Views
Back