Hive vs Opentherm energy savings | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hive vs Opentherm energy savings in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, we've recently moved into a home with a Hive thermostat (no hub) and an old regular boiler. We are looking to replace the regular boiler with a combi (probably Ideal Vogue) as we are mainly interested in reducing our large energy bill. We are also considering adding TRVs to avoid heating the whole house when I'm working from home in the office.

However as I understand it, the Hive is not compatible with Opentherm. Is there any real saving when using a cheap Opentherm solution such as Wiser compared to keeping a non-Opentherm Hive?

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
That is insane! This autumn is another proof...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Seems like they would work, but you’d need the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Don't forget to make sure you buy your gas...
Replies
Views
Back