hobbled back to work pm | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hobbled back to work pm in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

L

lame plumber

finally cabin fever set in and I sneaked out to service a firebird 26c. Baffle door insulation burnt out!, baffles clogged up and back to front, wrong nozzle, flexi hose never been changed and filter !!!!, couldnt believe it was firing when I saw the photocell which was sooted over completely. Anyway, replaced the leaking condensate drain off and cleaned and set it up, all packed up and saw the oso uv cyl prv was passing, drain off to restore airgap was seized, so a bit of a fight to retrieve the washer and sort it out. got to pop back to replace the door insulation panel and check the prv. An easy number turned into a bit of a nightmare but happy to report knee hobbling around ok to date:):):):) only out 4 hours, so caught out by missus as I snuck in.

Feel for you there mate, glad you're back out, I had a brilliant leather kneeling pad, lent it to the old guy next door when he was doing our garden and he's swiped it... He is 72 so I'll let him keep it

You'll be fine when you start again. Just take it easy and know your limits.
I once worked beside an old ganger who went in for a hip op.
He was back at work a 10 days later (because he needed the money) laying kerbs. Saw him a few years later and he had to get it done again 3 years after the first op but the 2nd one had more of a chance as he had retired by then.
When i was young I used to listen to the old guys complaining of their aches and pains and rip them a bit for it. They would say give it time son, it will come to you one day. No shyt! :smile: Pass 50 and your body is done with aches in places you never knew you had...........give me a pull up :lol:

You'll be fine when you start again. Just take it easy and know your limits.
I once worked beside an old ganger who went in for a hip op.
He was back at work a 10 days later (because he needed the money) laying kerbs. Saw him a few years later and he had to get it done again 3 years after the first op but the 2nd one had more of a chance as he had retired by then.
When i was young I used to listen to the old guys complaining of their aches and pains and rip them a bit for it. They would say give it time son, it will come to you one day. No shyt! :smile: Pass 50 and your body is done with aches in places you never knew you had...........give me a pull up :lol:

great that we can have discussions at times :30: , but thats sound advice there cheers tamz:cheesy:

Best thing I've bought recently is a pair of Scruffs work trousers with the knee pads in them...
My knees are smashed to bits after so much time crawling around on them, but to top it off I knelt on a lump of flint a coupl of weeks ago and it swelled up huge!
So much better with the pads on, even if they do make you look a bit odd (well, more than I normally do...)

So many people wear em now, that you don't look odd!

When I bought my first pair, I was quite the trendsetter, as no one had them on site. Everyone wore jeans, or combat trousers.

I walked into work and got laughed at!

So many people wear em now, that you don't look odd!

When I bought my first pair, I was quite the trendsetter, as no one had them on site. Everyone wore jeans, or combat trousers.

I walked into work and got laughed at!

I look well cool in my snickers :)

to be honest its all ive ever known. I think they look more professional now to be honest. When I contracted at the council, a guy turned up in track suit bottoms tucked into football socks. He looked like a right nob. He got sent home.

I like all the extra pockets on snickers trousers, although I don't keep much in them :)

Blimey you lot you are freaking me out. Are you all battered because you didn't use knee pads while young? Do I have a chance getting old in this profession without the knackered knees if I always wear knee pads. But then again the back is susceptible to damage from hanging boilers. Basically is there more chance for the younger generation because of the better safety products this day an age than back in the dark ages

Blimey you lot you are freaking me out. Are you all battered because you didn't use knee pads while young? Do I have a chance getting old in this profession without the knackered knees if I always wear knee pads. But then again the back is susceptible to damage from hanging boilers. Basically is there more chance for the younger generation because of the better safety products this day an age than back in the dark ages

How old are you?

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
B
Thanks for that chaps, I guess unless you do a...
Replies
Views
Bunker
B
Back