Holiday work. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Holiday work. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

A

adam84

Well the school holidays mean a break most people but it is also the best time to get into the schools and get stuck into nice jobs, heres one we just started recently installing some new H+C pipe work and extending some heating circs to pic up some new rads.

boilers 001.jpgboilers 002.jpgboilers 004.jpgboilers 005.jpg

I havnt done any barrel pipework in about 5 years and I do actually miss it. Something alot more satisfying about screwing in a barrel joint over soldering a bit of 15mm copper.

But you are generally in a nice big plant room with a fair bit of room or a massive open building site. Not having your head stuck down between floorboards trying to solder a joint at arms length that you cant see properly. Saying that I couldnt go back to doing it all the time lol, just be nice to have a bit of variation every now and then.

Started working life as a pipefitters mate. No electric screwing machine you had to turn a handle like a monkey on a barrel organ. You can imagine how long it took to put a thread on a bit of 6 inch.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for asking Lou. After taking 30+...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back