Honeywell 1day wireless programmer | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell 1day wireless programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

quick question.

i have a honeywell wireless programmer/thermostat. I was wondering if I could simply swap that for a 7 day programmer is it not as simple as that. Will I need to change anything else?

thanks

It depends upon the actual model, in most cases answer is yes, it's a straight swap as they use the same backplate and wiring, you just need to check - go to the honeywell website and download the instruction manuals.

IIRC, they are all SUPPOSED to use a standardised backplate (honeywell, danfoss....) and are supposed to be interchangeable, though sometimes they add extra lugs so you can't swap them between manufacturers.

It is and isn't as simple as that.
Easiest swap is you would need to put your programmer where the wireless receiver is. The backplate is different so you would need to swap the wires over.
If you want the new programmer anywhere else it needs rewiring.

IIRC, they are all SUPPOSED to use a standardised backplate (honeywell, danfoss....) and are supposed to be interchangeable, though sometimes they add extra lugs so you can't swap them between manufacturers.

Honeywell wireless receivers do not have an industry std backplate like their programmers.

Put the programmer where the receiver is and swap the wires or get it rewired.
Before you do it make sure of the voltage of the boiler it is controlling as it can be an expensive lesson to learn.

Maybe if the question was more specific we wouldn't need to guess.
If the idea is to swap a 1 day programmable roomstat for a 7 day programmer it needs rewired.
If it is to swap a 1 day programmable roomstat for a 7 day programmable roomstat then just swap the faces.

The CM921 is a one day Wireless programmable thermostat.. I'm not guessing ... - he said it is ..

I am not a plumber or Central heating engineer nor am I a diy enthusiast. All I am looking to do is just find out if I can straight swap a cm921 for a cm927 to give me more control over setting the heating for 7 days rather than just 1.

I believe the cm921 is a programmer and thermostat in one.

Last edited:
I am not a plumber or Central heating engineer nor am I a diy enthusiast.

The simple answer then is no.

It is a straight forward simple swap, however it will then need programming to meet your needs, so I suggest you get someone round to do it for you

Hi all,

quick question.

i have a honeywell wireless programmer/thermostat. I was wondering if I could simply swap that for a 7 day programmer is it not as simple as that. Will I need to change anything else?

thanks

Neither am i

I am not a plumber or Central heating engineer nor am I a diy enthusiast. All I am looking to do is just find out if I can straight swap a cm921 for a cm927 to give me more control over setting the heating for 7 days rather than just 1.

I believe the cm921 is a programmer and thermostat in one.

Thats better. We now know the models.
Its a straight swap of the faces.
Turn off the power to the heating, remove the old receiver face and replace with the new one (it clips off and on) turn the power back on and pop the batteries in the new stat.
The new stat and receiver come tuned to each other straight out the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which...
Replies
Views
M
Is it turning on at the programmer or is it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
Working from home and of course they can’t...
Replies
Views
Back