Honeywell CM921 Randomly Stops Communicating With Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell CM921 Randomly Stops Communicating With Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boiler10

Hi everyone, just need a bit of help please. I have an ideal logic boiler with a Honeywell CM921 room stat and I seem to be having a few problems.
I will try to explain exactly what happened today. Has happened quite a few times before.
Turned the boiler on using the Room Stat with target temp at 19 C.
House started to get really hot. Checked temperature on stat and it was well above the target temp.
Checked the boiler and the Central Heating was still running with a "C" in the display.
Took the stat upstairs, turned it on and off several times, wouldn't work. Bolier still kept on running, despite trying to turn it off using the stat.
Then, had to turn the boiler off manually using the controls on the boiler.
When the boiler was turned back on, the Room Stat & Boiler were communicating again.
Any ideas plse?

Batterys could be on their way out?
Poor signal strength due to position of transmitter or receiver?
Or may be getting interference from other electrical equipment? (or neighbors stat lol)

Tbh I have fitted 100's of these and never had a problem with them failing easily the best on the market imo.

By the way dont forget you always have the manual override on the receiver and the green light gives you a good indication if it is receiving the signal or not.

You can get the installation guide here

http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Systems/Wireless/CM921/

This will explain operation and reprogramming if required.

Last edited:
Battery's

Hi many thanks for your replies so far. Will try changing the batteries and see if thing improve. Cheers :yesnod:

Pump overrun switching/thermostat failed on the boiler? Or working properly and trying to lose the excessive heat through the radiators?

Hi, just to give you an update 2.5 years on. Initially the above fault was happening on and off. However this year, the communication loss has been occurring everyday. I have now lost count how many times the room stat/relay box has been re binded. Spoke to Honeywell customer service last week and they were very helpful. After explaining what the fault was and clarifying that I knew how to operate the room stat correctly, I have been sent a replacement CM921. As soon as the electrician has been, will send back the faulty room stat/relay box. Now that's what I call excellent customer service ! :)

That's interesting to know boiler10 ... may suggest the course of action as an alternative for the customer before I suggest replacement :)

Hi, glad to be of some help. I'm pleased to say that the new replacement stat is working spot on and the heating is turning on and off as it should :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unsure about pipe stat which pipe is one will...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Back