Honeywell MV's Banging | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell MV's Banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone had any issues with Honeywell MV's Banging as they open and close?

This one in particular is a three port.

Had it with there 2 ports. Both of them on my own system aswell. (Setup with auto bypass and no pump over run as oil boiler) Plus colleagues aswell.

the gearing on the centron moter is jumping and the spring return keeps going back ? if the motor has been taken off and the lever pushed it some times does not go back properly and will donk every 2 seconds make sure that it has been tightened up an not loose

the gearing on the centron moter is jumping and the spring return keeps going back ? if the motor has been taken off and the lever pushed it some times does not go back properly and will donk every 2 seconds make sure that it has been tightened up an not loose

Thanks Chris but that's not it.
When the valve moves from one position to another, in any direction, there is a huge thump,
( like water hammer ). I could understand it on a Two port without a bypass but this is a three port, so there is never really a time when water has nowhere to go, ( on this system anyway).

I swapped it yesterday and the new one is perfect. I got replacement from merchant as you would expect. Today's task is to claim consequential losses from Honeywell for my time, (good luck with that I hear you all cry ).

When the valve moves from one position to another, in any direction, there is a huge thump,
( like water hammer ). I could understand it on a Two port without a bypass but this is a three port, so there is never really a time when water has nowhere to go, ( on this system anyway).

I swapped it yesterday and the new one is perfect. I got replacement from merchant as you would expect. Today's task is to claim consequential losses from Honeywell for my time, (good luck with that I hear you all cry ).

Let us know how you get on with Honeywell regarding your claim for losses

Let us know how you get on with Honeywell regarding your claim for losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a Danfoss 2-port valve model HPA2...
Replies
Views
Looks that way, a multimeter would tell alot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the tip. I have an outside tap so...
Replies
Views
Just a thought, Check the orange cable from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The eTRVs would have to open before the zone...
Replies
Views
Back