Honeywell ST 699 Programmer Unit malfunction | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell ST 699 Programmer Unit malfunction in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have an ST699 control unit on my central heating system (some 15 years old) which has developed a strange fault. After running normally, when the required room temperature is reached it cuts out as usual but immediately loses electrical power, with both the time display and the red lights going out. I have then to switch the power supply off and turn it on, whereupon the unit fires up. Once again, when it cuts out it loses power and I repeatedly have to go through the same procedure. Is this a known fault and, if so, can it be rectified or do I need to replace the unit?

If you have Googled ST699 problems, you will have seen many strange behaviours of these programmers when they get old. There is a backup battery inside to keep the clock going in the event of power failure, and that has a life of typically 10 years.
Your issue might be related to that, but I feel it's likely something else as well. The battery may need unsoldering and a new one soldering in, which may or may not help, so I would suggest a new programmer would be a much more certain and reliable fix.

If you have Googled ST699 problems, you will have seen many strange behaviours of these programmers when they get old. There is a backup battery inside to keep the clock going in the event of power failure, and that has a life of typically 10 years.
Your issue might be related to that, but I feel it's likely something else as well. The battery may need unsoldering and a new one soldering in, which may or may not help, so I would suggest a new programmer would be a much more certain and reliable fix.
Thanks for that. I presumed it's probably something to do with the age of the unit. I'll probably take your advice and replace the unit.

Thanks for that. I presumed it's probably something to do with the age of the unit. I'll probably take your advice and replace the unit.
There's a table in post #4 in the above thread that shows how to transfer old to new connections, also a link in post #6 shows the wiring for each.

Similar plumbing topics

I have the same problem with mine and I just...
Replies
Views
Mini Wael
M
Yes, they're Energizer alkalines, replaced not...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back