Honeywell ST900S --- fualty not working. Am i an idiot? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell ST900S --- fualty not working. Am i an idiot? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

MarkAqua

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a Honeywell ST900S linked to a wireless receiver and then a wireless basic turn dial honeywell room stat. This is all linked to a new Valliant Combi boiler.

I cant work it out for the life of me as to why the following is happening :

Which basically is... It will only work in Contstant heat mode, not Auto or Once. Unless you turn the room stat down, flick off the fused spur and kill power to all boiler and controls, turn it back on and hey presto! It fires up as if nothing was wrong.

I have programmes set up on it to come on at 0600 and off at 09:30 back on at 1530 and off again at 21:30

If the Mrs is in with the kids during the day she would like to just flick it override mode or Extra hour.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND STOP HER MOANING AT ME! I cant take it any longer haha

Got a Honeywell ST900S linked to a wireless receiver and then a wireless basic turn dial honeywell room stat. This is all linked to a new Valliant Combi boiler.
Who installed the programmer and stat? If the same person as the new boiler, get them back to sort it out.

If you did the install, where does the receiver get its power from?

The S version is intended for Rental properties. It will shut the boiler off when the Annual Gas Safety Certificate is due.

Last edited:
Council did it as we were renting at the time, but have since bought it so its my responsibilty now DOH! To be fair I was thinking of changing the lot to danfoss, but I still want it working for the time being...

It gets its power from 240V SF from the sockets ring.

It isnt showing the message of inspection due.

Thank you for the reply

Will the boiler light if you press the override button on the receiver? Check Constant, Auto and Once.

Does the green light come on when you call for heat using the thermostat? Check Constant, Auto and Once.

Nope boiler doesn't light with OR. Green light comes on but the boiler doesn't fire.
Did you check with the ST900 in all three positions (Cont, Auto, Once)?

If you did and you get the same result in all positions, the receiver may be faulty. Here's how you check:

Take normal safety precautions (elecy off!).

Remove receiver from back plate
Insert a link between A and B on the receiver
Turn power back on.
The boiler should light immediately.
If it does the receiver is faulty; if not, it's a boiler fault or dodgy wiring between receiver and boiler.

Similar plumbing topics

So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
I
I have the exact same problem, 2nd year in a...
Replies
Views
Lee hetherington
L
I have the same problem with mine and I just...
Replies
Views
Mini Wael
M
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
Back