Honeywell ST9400C Programmer | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell ST9400C Programmer in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I’ve successfully installed the programmer and it’s working fine. Unfortunately due to lack of space I can’t access the two small screws on the bottom that secure the unit to the wall plate. It seems secure enough without them but is it ok to leave it without the screws? Thanks.
Len

Can you fit in a ph1 bit only needs to be hand tight ?

It would be better to move the programmer to a more accessible position but replacing the screws with thumbscrews right work.
I think there are accessible live terminals when the cover is removed, so from a safety point of view the cover is supposed to be fixed such that it needs a tool (ie screwdriver) to remove it.

I think there are accessible live terminals when the cover is removed, so from a safety point of view the cover is supposed to be fixed such that it needs a tool (ie screwdriver) to remove it.
A good point. In that case, perhaps Allen-head screws. It's easy enough to grind down a cheap allen key so that not much more than 10mm of clearance is needed. When done I'd stick the Allen key in an envelope labelled with its purpose and keep it somewhere safe/obvious because figuring out the correct size if it ever got forgotten would be a PITA.

A good point. In that case, perhaps Allen-head screws. It's easy enough to grind down a cheap allen key so that not much more than 10mm of clearance is needed. When done I'd stick the Allen key in an envelope labelled with its purpose and keep it somewhere safe/obvious because figuring out the correct size if it ever got forgotten would be a PITA.

Thats a great idea

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not related to your boiler issue but this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got a vantage concealed cistern that had...
Replies
Views
We can only comment on the description you've...
Replies
Views
That’s also a good shout. Thank you
Replies
Views
  • Question
yes it’s fine for potable water as it’s...
Replies
Views
Back