Honeywell T4R wireless range to boiler relay | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell T4R wireless range to boiler relay in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

O

Ollie R

Hi all, we have a house with solid stone walls with a combi boiler serving it from a block built outbuilding next door.

Currently there's a Siemens RDJ10 thermostat in the hall which is not much good as the temperature is very different in the open plan kitchen diner.
I was thinking of getting a Honeywell T4R as a I previously had a CM927 which worked very well, but if I'm wondering if the the wireless from the boiler relay in the outbuilding to the thermostat in the house is going to be reliable enough through all that stone and blockwork. Is it possible to wire the relay or can it be put where the existing thermostat is in the hall?

many thanks,
Ollie

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for your question - stone walls can be thick sometimes!!

Any members got any advice for Ollie?

If the CM927 wireless link worked well, I'd expect using a T4R (Honeywell's recommended replacement) to be fine also.

If you are running cables between separate buildings, I'd recommend consulting an electrician. (You need to be careful about the earthing and lightning/surge protection arrangements.) Wireless (or fibre optic) links avoid these issues.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
I was unable to create a second account for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Yes it does. I don't know I can't add a link...
Replies
Views
The Contactor is located in a plant room out...
Replies
Views
Back