Honeywell VC4613 actuator CLICKING | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell VC4613 actuator CLICKING in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derby30m

Hey all,

i have one of these actuators, its Clicking and failing to turn off the heating, it's stuck always on.

I did try to get someone local to do it but 2 people failed to turn up so far, i guess because its a small job..most seem to want to install bathrooms etc!, or does anyone know someone in the Hilton Derbyshire area

so I had a look myself, I have taken off the "head" just to see really what its like.

anyway here is a video of what its doing.
Id appreciate any thoughts, especially if you know if i need a new actuator, or just the cartridge?

https://youtu.be/h63EvqKJ_KY

Thanks for any help :D

pp1.jpg pp2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Happens all the time... Its the inlet of your water mains!
Looks like you need a new system installed.

to be honest ive had the problem before, exactly the same at leaast symptons anyway! and had someone come out, im pretty sure just the grey top unit was swapped. he wasnt long enough to of swapped the valve itself.

gassafe, your suggestion seems likely to me, seems to last around 5 years before they go pop lol.

do i just swap the main grey unit then?

i should of mentioned actually, this is literally all i have, its a shared boiler, between 6 apartments or more, and basically i have the controller, this unit and then that's it in my apartment, noone else in the block is effected.

Swizz please give us your background in plumbing as the way you are coming across is as someone who doesn't know what they are on about.

Swizz, i tried two local plumbers and neither turned up, waited in 1hr both times. like, theres a limit how many times i want to leave work early to find noone turns up, in the end just want to try and sort it!

Swizz, i tried two local plumbers and neither turned up, waited in 1hr both times. like, theres a limit how many times i want to leave work early to find noone turns up, in the end just want to try and sort it!

if the actuator unit on the valve has a dimple you can change just the unit as it is removable if there is no dimple then unfortunately you need to change the whole unit.

should have looked at the pics first lol different style

changing the head of the valve could be a false economy as theres usually a reason for the head not to work, and that is usually that the ball,paddle, whatever is in the valve body, is sticking with muck in the system. Changing the head wil solve the problem in the short term but changing the whole thing may cost a bit more now but hopefully will last much longer. Also there doesnt seem to be much price difference between a full valve and just the head.

I find the modern valves are just poorly made, the valves are often still easy to operate etc... Planned obsolescence to make more money!

But if it's an old valve always worth changing the body!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. I wish Honeywell would make...
Replies
Views
Honeywell st9400a keeps turning off and on?
Replies
Views
Kerry geary
K
I don't believe so. If both are demanded, the...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back