Horizontal unvented - secondary return | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Horizontal unvented - secondary return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Is it true that a horizontal unvented must have a secondary return pump fitted for destratification?
@chris watkins
I don't think they have to but it probably helps to achieve more usable hot water.
You don't actually need a HW return system it might be more suitable to just fit a small circulator between the hot outlet from the cylinder & the cold feed with a suitable check valve. This could be powered from a call for domestic hot water (if it is an indirect) i.e. brown on zone valve, in that way it would be de-stratified only when it is being heated, should lead to a greater volume of usable hot water.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That will be fine then no air problems 👍
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
  • Question
No it’s fitted correctly anywhere on that leg...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Need advice on secondary return issue. When...
Replies
Views
JohnyC
J
Back