Horstmann Centaurplus C21 Upgrade to Smart Thermo | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Horstmann Centaurplus C21 Upgrade to Smart Thermo in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

My parents' house has an old programmer and thermostat which I want to upgrade to a smart thermostat - either a Nest or Hive Smart Thermostat but I'm not sure if either will be compatible with the current system that we have in place.

Programmer: Horstmann Centaurplus C21
Thermostat: Honeywell Standard

I guess what I want to ask are:
Can I upgrade to a smart thermostat with the current system? What is the recommended device to upgrade to?

Because it's so old I can't find any youtube videos to follow to help me. Any help would be appreciated :)

received_408655043740110.jpeg
received_225554402461739 (1).jpeg

Yep twin channel so either will do just have to remove the room stat

Yep twin channel so either will do just have to remove the room stat
Thanks! I don't have any background in wiring and often I just learn from research. But is there a safe way to remove the wiring from the room stat? I figured there will be loose wires after remove it. I don't want to have live wires after installing the new smart device. :)

Thanks!

Thanks! I don't have any background in wiring and often I just learn from research. But is there a safe way to remove the wiring from the room stat? I figured there will be loose wires after remove it. I don't want to have live wires after installing the new smart device. :)

Thanks!

if you remove it the programmer end it won’t be live

but if your unsure best to get a pro in

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
T
Hi Terry, depending how you heat your hot...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Like I said, really can't comment on the Blue...
Replies
Views
Hi, When I had my old wireless (non Smart)...
Replies
Views
Back