Hot cylinder and boiler service. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot cylinder and boiler service. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

easyt

This is a question asked purely out of curiosity. I recently had a hot water tank and immersion heater replaced along with a service to my 10 year old Worcester boiler. I had two quotes (both from firms that had done work in the past). The hot water cylinder was 105cm by 45cm and all copper feeds to it were replaced as the original one was positioned and piped so that it took airing cupboard space. The tank location was moved back 10''.

The firm sent one man as they new that he would be confident to ask me for an occasional hand if needed and that I got on well with the guy.

Price for boiler service, new cylinder and immersion was £638. Cylinder is a Telford vented Grade 3 copper with 10yr guarantee.They also left the cylinder and old pipes for me to scrap and said that it would help defer the costs of my new shelving. (I had asked them if they wanted it). Now I emphasise that I am not asking as anything but passing interest as I am well pleased with the work and will use the firm again. They are not local and are 25 miles away. Their engineer who prices and manages the work. phoned up and arranged to call in a few days later to make sure I was happy with the work and check it out himself (and scrounge a coffee and have a natter).

I wondered what you guys thought of the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry don't realy understand the question is it on the price?
If so don't sound to bad at all

Yes. Sorry Steve. I thought the price was quite good. But wondered what you guys thought. Even if you thought it was OTT I would use them again as there is more to life than the price. So, as I said, curiosity.

No sounds like you got a good deal and a bit of scrap too
You probably get £50 back for scrap
They must like you

Excellent deal, they've left you the scrap as well! I scrapped a cylinder the other day and got £60 for it, take that off of your bill.... plus any other bits they've left you

only people I know that left scrap on site was BG.

A job without scrap is like tea without biscuits

Thanks all for satisfying my curiosity. I like the firm and have used them several times.

Update. Scrapped cylinder and attached pipes brought me £60.20p

happy days then whats the problem ?? its not all about price you know you pay cheap you get peanuts you pay good money you get top quality(or either pay alot for not alot which is generally a scammer)

happy days then whats the problem ?? its not all about price you know you pay cheap you get peanuts you pay good money you get top quality(or either pay alot for not alot which is generally a scammer)
No problem GQ I was happy with the price and they are a decent firm. I expected £700+ and so was well chuffed. There boss said 'Of course I can cut you a good deal Alan'. I was pleasantly surprised by the deal given the travel distance and they are not a one man band.

I first used the firm 12 years ago for a boiler replacement. They weren't the cheapest but I liked what I saw. As you say price is not the main criterion. They specified good quality TRV's (not cheap crap).They did work for me last year fitting a new towel rail rad and an oil tank removal and at a later date a replacement after I had refurbed the bathroom, put a new tank base, plinth and firewall in. I asked for additional work and the response was 'no problem, no charge, we allowed for a day and so we just finish a little later. '

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back