Hot tank drain | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot tank drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Can I ask this one please?

If a hot water storage in the bathroom needs draining but there is no drain off valve and I just run the hot taps will it drain fully?

The chap needs his immersion changed but it's all very old (same as him) and he's skint!

Cheers

Rct

old sort of means vented so no it isn't drained get into the open vent with a hose and syphon out

All you will do by opening the taps is drain the pipework, the cylinder will still be full. As said above, cut the vent and syphon enough out to enable you to change the immersion.

Can you not slide a hose down the cold feed from the top and syphon ot out?

If you look at something and you're not sure, snap photos so you can have a visual think about it or us to also have a look :)

its what i do.
how is the hot connection piped?

In the side, I think I'll need to run hot taps and when stopped undo the hot feed, put a hose in to bottom and suck then shove other end in bath.

Have a decent aquavac ready as it will drain level to the connection.
you can use the aquavac to start the sython on the hose.
also the smaller rhino flexi tubs are good to have on hand

Those fortis tanks have the cold feed & vent all built within the insulation normally... Might be a pain without the drain off, probs hidden around back! Get the wet vac out!

Those fortis tanks have the cold feed & vent all built within the insulation normally... Might be a pain without the drain off, probs hidden around back! Get the wet vac out!

if you can get to the top of it you can get to the internal connection :) sadly rocket cant :\

10mm speed fit rammed down cold fill from above then syphon the life out of it

Only way if you can't get to drain or tank, is to undo the immersion and wet vac the water until its empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have you done this, did it work? Also...
Replies
Views
newbie184
N
  • Question
Did you leave it an hour to heat up ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably taps not suitable for gravity hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
Back