hot water at a cold tap | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hot water at a cold tap in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all my mates just rang me he's boss has built he's own house and done all the plumbing he's self. he has opened a cold tap today and its running hot the toilets flushing hot. it was fine 2 weeks ago anyone got any ideas what this could be

Plumbed them in wrongly then forgot to turn the boiler on for 2 weeks? :)

Unless all the cold taps are running hot then he's messed up the plumbing somewhere.

my pic.jpg
the hot and cold are both running hot and so is the toilet so i think he's teed the hot into the cold would that make it run hot or not

Could be Hot and cold pipes too close together. It happened at a hotel, they put pipes in screed they said they insulated them but it took a while for the cold to run cold. Risk of legionella but on the plus side it was a luxury hotel and flushing the loo looked awesome as great big plumes of steam bellowed out and the bottom of the pan never had skid marks

brings a smile too my face when one of the old sweats shouted "we have a hot flusher....!" Again.

always interesting seeing some of our European plumbing brothers work :smile::smile::smile::smile:

dodgy mixer tap mixer shower or nrv on TMV either on hot water cyl or under bath have seen this problem on all of the above or maybe a connection problem time to start lifting floorboards..brum

We did a big French lpg boiler years ago in a huge detached place in wiltshire
no english instructions so we followed the english ones we had for its smaller
brother. RESULT One of the decs comes in asks is there supposed to be water
pouring out of the outside pipe at the back door ?

Oops - that was the incoming LPG gas supply - never mind we got it right

Chk

We did a big French lpg boiler years ago in a huge detached place in wiltshire
no english instructions so we followed the english ones we had for its smaller
brother. RESULT One of the decs comes in asks is there supposed to be water
pouring out of the outside pipe at the back door ?

Oops - that was the incoming LPG gas supply - never mind we got it right

Chk

Brill these ones are the best I had to fit a pellet boiler with Italian instructions but better than that menu on boiler was Italian this guy had imported it from Italy to save money took 5 times longer to commission none of us were eyeties..brum

Ok Brum

1. as you are into pellet boilers
my spies tell me there are loads of
rogue pellets on the market which have
poor calorific value - and I know there is
no standard for this type of fuel so far

Whats your take ? - Croppie and I are on patrol
in this area - Chking

2. Why are you called Brum ? I went thro there today
at 11.00am and had to leave the M6 for an hour
pay a visit for an hour my target was a Yuk place
CHking

Its poets day tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Brum

1. as you are into pellet boilers
my spies tell me there are loads of
rogue pellets on the market which have
poor calorific value - and I know there is
no standard for this type of fuel so far

Whats your take ? - Croppie and I are on patrol
in this area - Chking

2. Why are you called Brum ? I went thro there today
at 11.00am and had to leave the M6 for an hour
pay a visit for an hour my target was a Yuk place
CHking

Its poets day tomorrow

Alright bud answer to no 1
Im purely a plumber installing whats to be ive only done 5 pellet boilers a pal of mine pushes these boilers with the intention to sell pellets I will ask him this question over the weekend.
question 2.
cos im a scouser..brum

That's yer best bet mate stay on motorway and keep going.There was 2 famous things to come out of Birmingham the M6 and HP sauce Hp sauce has even give up the ghost and left I was given this name by my good Scottish friends on Arran I actually do not know why seems im the only one around these parts without an accent..brum

hi all my mates just rang me he's boss has built he's own house and done all the plumbing he's self. he has opened a cold tap today and its running hot the toilets flushing hot. it was fine 2 weeks ago anyone got any ideas what this could be

Go around to his newly built house and just laugh hysterically straight in his face for a full 2 minutes, then tell him to ring british gas so he can get robbed

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
IME Mira showers of that age are usually very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
It would help to know what type of system you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
Back