Hot water Boiler above child's room | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water Boiler above child's room in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shelby1306

Hi, I am just seeking some advise regarding my boiler. I am in rented property and the boiler that is in the house is a Primar F30, I keep having to press the reset button for it to work and after about 20/30 minutes it goes off again. Anyway, I have reset it once again and just went to put my child to bed, when there was this load rumbling noise (sounded like a train going past the house) and I noticed that there are hot pipes in the bedroom leading to the loft.

Now, she has a radiator in the bedroom and because the pipes are hot I presume that it is a hot water tank above her room. My question is, is it safe to have one above the room? I have just read a scary story where there was an incident where the hot water tank burst and the child died from horrific burns!

I'm waiting for the landlord to arrange for someone to come out and check the boiler, but I'm now in a complete panic!
Thanks in advance!

It is safe to have a tank above a room but STOP pressing the reset button it is there for a reason which is your boiler is overheating the problem needs sorting and by pressing the button you are overiding a safety device.

It is safe to have a tank above a room but STOP pressing the reset button it is there for a reason which is your boiler is overheating the problem needs sorting and by pressing the button you are overiding a safety device.

Thanks, for the reply. It was my landlord that told me to keep resetting it so that I can get some hot water. I've stopped pressing it now. Thanks again :)

I would inform your landlord that it is a safety device that is tripping and because of the amount of times you have to reset it there is a major problem on the system which will in turn cause further problems with the boiler.

I hope you get it sorted soon. I've worked for many landlords and know what there like.

I think you might be referring to the death of Rhianna Hardie that I wrote about in my blog, here:
Safe water heating? | Mrs Tara Plumbing
The technical stuff was not reported very clearly at the time.
The boiler didn't explode. There wasn't a boiler!
The issue concerns a hot water cylinder and cold water storage tanks.
There was a Safety alert published.
[DLMURL="http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2007/e07027.htm"]Safety alert on scalding risk from domestic hot water systems[/DLMURL]
If your ho****er system has been installed and checked by real plumbers you are safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Which Vaillant boiler is it?
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Have you considered a faulty by-pass valve or...
Replies
Views
Back