Hot water control (middle) difficult to turn and temp | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water control (middle) difficult to turn and temp in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
I had a new shower fitted around 18 months ago.The middle knob controlling the temperature got a bit difficult to turn and eventually I had to remove it and attempted to put it back. I gradually found I could not get it cooler and would only come out hot.

Does it sound like the cartridge needs replacing? And is there a way of calibrating the cartridge to get proper hot and cold temperatures. Please see photo.

I am going to take it apart and clean it but I don’t think we have any scale problems as our other 2 showers are 10 years old and have no problems, we live in a soft water area. SW Devon.

Attachments

• CEC71745-B678-4FF8-8032-E569F6A79370.jpeg
    CEC71745-B678-4FF8-8032-E569F6A79370.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 22
Is there a Troubleshooting Guide in the manual? If so, what does it say about your problem?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have an oil burner which is controlled...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
  • Question
UPDATE: with the cartridge adjusted to minimum...
Replies
Views
Back