Hot water cylinder air gap problem | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water cylinder air gap problem in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattfine

Hello everyone,
I have a megaflo hot water cylinder which is dripping from the tundish. Have had two weeks ago a gas safe registered engineer to service my boiler and my hot water tank and he said the hot water cylinder would just need the air gap replenished (which he supposedly did).

However after a couple of days of his service water started to drop from the tundish again.

I have now decided to try replenishing the air gap myself. However when I turn off the mains or the inlet on the cylinder and then open the lowest hot water tap, no water is coming out of the hot water tap. Needless to say the cylinder is full.

Can you please give me some indications on what might be wrong?

Thanks

Matt

Watch this video and try again. This really is all you can do, anything else requires a g3 (unvented) engineer.

[video=youtube;sKvxlQI0fH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKvxlQI0fH4[/video]

Call him again and say it's still not replenished and he should come back and sort it as it's only a couple of days since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’re a genius, thank you! Held my thumb over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for this but it wasn’t exactly what I...
Replies
Views
To fully recharge, the lowest hot tap should...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
Back