Hot Water Cylinder Cold Feed | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot Water Cylinder Cold Feed in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Forum,

The cold feed pipework that goes into the Hot Water cylinder is very hot, I’ve never noticed this before, could someone confirm this is normal or is something wrong?

It’s hot all the way up the pipework to just below the combination valve and then a little along the pipework where it tees towards the cold water expansion vessel.

Thanks

Richard

6C640A07-9C52-4052-B4A7-3CCA982E6A85.jpeg

DF4EE82B-863E-4156-B53F-09FFF1673C34.jpeg

SimonG can you say what exactly it is about these mixer taps or showers that can cause this problem? I don’t do plumbing work but it will handy to know in case I need to advise. I’m assuming something breaks down inside allow the hot and cold feed to blend and when the cylinder needs to refill then it draws blended cold mains back through circuit?

SimonG can you say what exactly it is about these mixer taps or showers that can cause this problem? I don’t do plumbing work but it will handy to know in case I need to advise. I’m assuming something breaks down inside allow the hot and cold feed to blend and when the cylinder needs to refill then it draws blended cold mains back through circuit?

Got it in one. Shouldn't happen if check valves have been fitted, but how often do you see them!

Can also affect temp of hot water if it's drawing in cold.

Had a customer last year. Poor performing hot water was mentioned when I was called to a leaky shower. New shower and check valves and hey presto, hot water never been so hot in 15 years.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
are you saying they could have come off the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Ben-Gee - thats a good idea! But...
Replies
Views
Back