Hot water cylinder making squeaking and running water noise. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water cylinder making squeaking and running water noise. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I am in South Devon and have a Daikin monobloc air source heat pump with HW cylinder which provides CH & HW. Currently CH off and just supplying HW. Once a week (SAT) the system heats up to 70c for sterlistion etc. It has been doing this in almost silence for 3 1/2 years until today. Today HW cylinder has been making a squeaking & running water noise which has never been noticed before. Any advice of how to cure this noise would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Today HW cylinder has been making a squeaking & running water noise which has never been noticed before.

There will be an expansion vessel somewhere. This may not be doing its job because it needs recharging or replacing. Consult the User Instructions book for any fault finding advice for your system but you'll probably need the installer or another suitably qualified plumber to attend.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A very rough calculation maybe using a UPS 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks, I have a probe thermometer so...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
Does it make less noise when taps are opened...
Replies
Views
Back