Hot water cylinder recomendations. Is Megaflo the best ? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water cylinder recomendations. Is Megaflo the best ? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All.

I have found this forum extremely useful, keep up the good work guys.

I was having a conversation with a colleague of mine, he reckons megaflo make the best hot water cylinders but I suspect his bias might be because megaflo dont have an external expansion vessel, which makes it look tidy etc, as I will be having a cylinder fitted soon I am trying to do some research, its a 5 bed house with a family bath and en-suite then downstairs which has a basin. We dont usually use the bath, typically a quick shower, household of 5.

In this scenarip, is a 300l indirect overkill or just about right, and secondly which cylinder is the best out there. The setup is UFH downstairs, rads upstairs, boiler is a worcester 30kw compact system boiler.

Thanks in advance.

much like Worcester they are the big brand so can seem to be the best but you will get a lot of different views as to which is. I like OSO's. pretty sure megaflo aren't only ones with internal expansion, kingpin have internal expansion. it doesn't necessarily make it better it does make the cylinder larger as you have a gap at the top

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes should be fitted at time of install
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You misunderstand, if you have an actual...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Back