Hot Water Cylinder Stat | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot Water Cylinder Stat in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Had a new cylinder stat fitted. Flomasta thing

Open vented system, newish boiler, no problems with that or heating now after work done

Set at 65 as recommended

Hot water on at controller for over an hour this morning and from cold the cylinder only got to 25ish

Had it on since 6 tonight and stat only clicking off at 45ish yet boiler has been off for a while. Hot water from the taps and shower is bloody hot though!

Have I got a problem or is it just taking a while to heat?

Thanks

Two things you can check:

1. Is the 3-port valve the correct way round? The ports are marked (on the brass body) A, B and AB. AB connects to the pump; A should go to the central heating; B should connect to the cylinder.

2. Is the cylinder stat wired correctly? Set programmer for just HW ON. The boiler should come on when the stat is turned up towards 90 and go off when turned down to 20. (The exact point will depend on water temperature.) If the opposite happens, i.e boiler stops when stat turned up and runs when turned down, the cylinder stat has been wired wrongly.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes it will be controlled on boiler thermostat.
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back