Hot water fault | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water fault in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all ,

Got a job that has a reoccurring blockage on the hot side to sink tap only, system is cylinder with cwst in loft space. Initially owner thought they had a faulty tap and changed it no water came out but sucked through with wet vac.
Ran it for 5 mins after and all worked fine, later today had a call same cust kitchen tap has stopped again, went out just a drip from hot tap again.Speedfit under sink so pulled apart fitting and nothing but a drip so its defo not the tap. They have a hot tap in basement which works fine , hot tap in cloakroom toilet works fine which is on same floor as this tap ,and main bathroom toilets hot taps work fine.

what do you guys think ?

Sounds like an air lock have you tried once cleared runing for a good 5-10 mins ?

If there is a ball o fix isolator check there is not a lump of debris
behind it.

Very often it may be a piece of foam insulation from the cylinder.

Best to first turn off cold feed before taking isolator off.

How often is hot tap in basement used....maybe ask them to not use it for a while to see if it has any effect I wonder if this is where the air-lock is being caused by syphoning the leg supplying the kitchen tap.....regards Turnpin:dizzy2:

Gotta be either an airlock which starting to think it may not be or an old iso valve somewhere hidden and it debris has gotten over it .

The odd thing tho when i put my hand over the mixer and open hot then the cold i could hear gurgling around the house . Then it ran for a few mins so i turned it off and later had a call that its down to a drip again !!!!

Last time I had this it was solved by purging air out of an unused shower tucked away in a bedroom.
I said...are there any other hot outlets in the house I don't know about..
I was taken to an un used bedroom there was a shower in a little walk in cupboard. Air spluttered out and hey presto, problem bath tap started working normally.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be the washer in the tap itself.
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’re a genius, thank you! Held my thumb over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm with Chuck, it may be the shower passing...
Replies
Views
Back