hot water firing boiler but cental heating is not | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hot water firing boiler but cental heating is not in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gareth cooper

Hi i have just tested my central heating system ready for the cold weather its a glow worm ultimate, the hot water works fine i press the 1hr button on the the programmer and it fires up, i tried it with the cental heating button but it doesnt fire up the boiler i have tested the room stat and it works fine the pump does seem to run when i press the central heating button but as i say the boiler wont fire or even try to fire. Please could someone give me some ideas.

Hi Rob just checked the valve and when i put it on manual the boiler will fire. So i will be getting a new valve. Thank you very much for your advice its much appreciated.
Gareth

Make sure you know what you are doing with the electrics. I'd recommend to get an Heating engineer to fix it in place.

You will probably only require the motor and not the whole valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Back