Hot water from Combi boiler alternates in temperature | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water from Combi boiler alternates in temperature in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor Williams

Hello, I have a Sabre he boiler that was installed only 8 months ago. The hot water from all the taps really fluctuates in temperature regardless of what the boiler hot water thermostat is set on.
Could the heat exchanger or thermostat have become worn out or sludged up already after only 8 months?
Should I flush out the boiler before I try and renew anything?
Many thanks for any help.

All the best,
Connor

if the heating wasnt jet flushed before fitting the new boiler you need to have the plate heat exchanger taken out and flushed will happen again if you dont get the system flushed or a filter fitted in the return pipework

Thanks Steve, to save the expence of hiring a machine to jet flush the system,would a strong descaler and chemical protector suffice or would you recommend only a jetflush?
Am sure it depends on the severity of the problem but many thans for your help.

All the best,
Connor

Thanks Steve, to save the expence of hiring a machine to jet flush the system,would a strong descaler and chemical protector suffice or would you recommend only a jetflush?
Am sure it depends on the severity of the problem but many thans for your help.

All the best,
Connor
you can remove the plate heat exchanger and back flush it with a hose to gain tempory relief from your problem but really needs system powerflushing and or a magna clean fitted

As said plate heat exchanger will have to be removed and cleaned by hand,if when it is removed,water is quite clear fit a maga clean unit and see how you get on,you will be able to see build up in unit,also make sure chemical inhibitor in system
If water in system/boiler poor get flushed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Back