Hot water from new boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water from new boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently had a Worcester Bosch 30CDi system boiler installed and am trying to estaimate how much time I should have the boiler on to get a constant supply of hot water.

My previous boiler was an 18kW baxi boiler which I had running for around 90 mins morning and evening on quite a low setting, which gave me adequate hot water for everything for baths showers etc, but probably needed a 1 hour boost when more than 1 person was taking a bath.

Considering the significant extra power of this boiler, I have been running it for 50 mins twice a day with the boiler setting on 5. The digital display on the boiler is showing 55.

However, the water is simply not getting as hot as I feel it should be. What settings and timings should I be using to heat a typical tank up to a temperature where the airing cupboard feels warm when it's opened?

I am not using central heating at the moment.

Last edited:
Just leave hot water on constant.

If you cylinder is a well insulated model then it will always keep it warn

You need to set your cyl stat about 60c Boiler stat 65/70c Boiler with 30Kw should heat your cylinder with in 20mins ! did you have the cylinder replaced for a HE type ?? What was the reason for fitting a larger output boiler ?

Call the plumber who put your new boiler in. He should have taken you through these steps.

Cylinder stat set at 65.
Reason for having more powerful boiler was installer recommended this because it had a longer guarantee, for not much extra cost.
Cylinder was not changed.

Boiler stat just has a number rather than a temperature.

How old is the cylinder? Might have been better to get same size boiler and spend the extra on a high efficiency cylinder.

As Simon Johns said if you have your cylinder stat set it will knock boiler off when cylinder is warm enough.

Do you have 2 x 2 port valves or 1 x 3 port?

I only ask because a 3 port will only flow 11kw so you would need to have 2 x 2 port valves fitted to take advantage of the higher output boiler.

I've changed the settings as suggested by jtsplumbing. Seems to be a lot better now.

Manchestergas, I'm afraid I haven't a clue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back