Hot water issues with running bath | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water issues with running bath in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
We have the following problem when we run the hot water tap on our bath. Basically it starts to come out hot then after a few minutes it goes lukewarm and I'm not sure why. When I try the hot water tap on the kitchen sink it comes through a lot hotter and there are no problems with running the hot water on our shower either - sometimes it's too hot. Our hot water comes via a thermal store cylinder. Cold water inside a coil is heated by the body of hot water inside the thermal store. It was set up like this as we have a wet based underfloor heating system and I think the idea was that it might get connected up to a renewable energy in the future. Any thoughts on what might be causing this and how to fix this would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Roy
Haven't tried that, so I assume open the hot water tap less so the water flows through slower. Why might that help?
Thanks

Its just an experiment to understand whats happening. Yes open the tap less e.g. 25%. Also turn off for a bit if goes cold.

Hopefully a Thermalmstore expert will give you a reply.

Roy

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be the washer in the tap itself.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Set the hot water cylinder to 60 deg c and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It looks that way I'm afraid ☹️
Replies
Views
Back