Hot water losing pressure | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water losing pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I’ve a 400 square metre 5-story house, with an unvented heating system and the hot water on a return loop, as the boiler is in a block at the far end of the garden.

My hot water will run as it should for about five minutes before losing pressure, with the flow dropping to a trickle. Once that happens it will only flow at a decent rate if I turn the taps off and wait for several hours.

I’ve had several heating engineers visit, and none have been able to tell me what the issue is, or fix it,

The downstream side of the pressure reducing valve holds steady (according to the gauge on the valve) at 3.5 bar.

There is a constant drop of hot water from the overflow pipe on the hot tank.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause could be?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tbh no sounds about right for a 30kw boiler...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
The expansion vessel should be on the cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
Back