Hot water modulation on large (35kw) combi boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water modulation on large (35kw) combi boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blackcatgas

Ive just installed a Viessmann 100 35kw combi boiler at the father in laws, there is currently only 2 taps connected, the kitchen mixer and a small whb, the bathroom hasnt been installed yet and is a bomb site.
The kitchen mixer is giving me 10 litres a minute of hot (there is a flow restricter fitted on it). when you turn on the mixer tap the boiler fires up and the temp on the boiler shoots up to 80deg + .The boiler then shuts down ,the water cools down etc and then it cycles on and off.The same is happening on the basin tap, I cant measure the flow rate exactly as I didnt have my flow cup or even fit a bucket under it but its much greater than the kitchen tap, est 17 litres per minute ish but cant be sure. I know its a large combi but surely the boiler should be capable of modulating down to this flow rate(10 lires per minute) without on off cycling?and why also on the basin tap too? (although I cant be sure of the real flow rate) or am I missing something?.

Last edited by a moderator:
it should not do that,as you say it should modulate down you need to stick a weir gauge on and have a word with viessman technical

Problem solved!, Id fed the boiler off a pump and break tank, Id crossed the hot and cold, interestingly the Viessmann still fired up on hot working back to front, the boiler modulates down lovely on the slow tap, the temp altering no more than 2 deg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
A
Any 35kw boiler should give a temp of 50C at a...
Replies
Views
Back