Hot Water noise | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot Water noise in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I recently went to a house and fitted a new bath mixer tap and a new washbasin mixer tap. All went well and no problem. However the client had been complaining about noise coming from the hot water taps, this noise happens occasionally but when it does the noise is quite deafening. It is a sort of rubbing grinding noise.

I thought originally that it might be water hammer or pipes not being secure. The place is a small ground floor flat with a gravity hot water supply fed by a Fortic combination tank. The pipes look secure and I think water hammer is unlikely because there is little pressure on the hot water.

I also thought by changing the taps this might help but the noise happened again when I was testing the system. The noise stops immediately as soon as you turn the mixer to cold water.

Any thoughts or ideas from anyone??

Thanks

Paul

I work on fortics quite a bit first fort of call would be putting in a new part 2 float valve and float on top of cylinder. pressure is always crap on fortics if cylinder is on same floor as outlet this does solve o lot of noise coming from hot tap
Give this a try

The float valve is the valve. I'm with wiggers on this one, change it.
But to be fair I'd have expected you to already have put your ear against the fortic header tank during the noise to diagnose it.
When you turn the mixer to cold you are lowering the pressure going to the header part of the fortic which is why it stops the noise.
Let us know we were right tomorrow evening :)

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Missing my point. They don't go to bed till...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My water pressure is around 5 bar and I've...
Replies
Views
Back