Hot water not working on Ideal Isar M30100 - Diverter Valve? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water not working on Ideal Isar M30100 - Diverter Valve? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

bennyo

Hello

I need a bit of advice here, i've been having issues with this boiler recently, and now after a plumber fixed a water leak on the boiler I am left with no hot water.

To cut a long story short, today a plumber/engineer came to fix a water leak which turned out to be the 'o rings' of the heat exchanger. Once he fixed it and put it all back together the hot water did not work anymore (heating is fine).

When running the hot water the status does not change to 'd' and the water would not get hot. He said that it was likely the diverter valve being faulty, but then warned that with the age of the boiler other things could go wrong and it may not be worth spending more money on it and he would advise to get a new boiler.

As it was on a Sunday, he was keen to get off home, and left us to decide what to do. he wasn't enamoured with this problematic boiler!

Then, 10-15 minutes after he left, I tried out the water and it started coming hot and worked for another 15 minutes. 'd' came up on the display as expected and the water was fully hot. However, after 10 minutes it stopped working again and now it has not come back on since.

Is this likely to be caused by the divertor valve and/or the divertor valve head? Or something else? Any tips to pass on about how to diagnose for sure?

I'm relunctant to throw good money after bad - however if I can avoid spending lots on a new boiler it would be a great help.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Heating will run until hot gets up to...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Could be the diverter (more likely than...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
New flow sensor and we now have hot water.
Replies
Views
Back