Hot water not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hi. My Potterton Suprima boiler stopped working- red light on constantly. I replaced the PCB with a new one. Then the boiler worked fine but no hot water. Heating working normally. S plan system. The water would only work if I put the 2 port valve on manually. So I changed the actuator - Danfoss HPA 2. Still same problem. Programmer set to constant, but actuator won’t come on automatically. Any suggestions please?

Programmer set to constant, but actuator won’t come on automatically. Any suggestions please?
Some possibilities, in order of likelihood:
  1. You made a mistake wiring up the new actuator.
  2. The programmer is mis-set or faulty.
  3. The new actuator is faulty or the wrong type.

Thanks. I think I’ve fixed it! When the boiler broke down, I used the immersion heater in the Megaflo cylinder for hot water. The thermostat on this was set too high, and this tripped the thermal cutout on the indirect control. I pressed the reset button and all working fine now. Unnecessary change of actuator....

You might want to get the Megaflo checked out because the maximum setting on the immersion control is 70deg C & the thermal cutout, as you call it, is 80-85deg C so something must have gone wrong for the water temperature to get high enough for the high limit on the indirect (boiler) side to have operated.
This is while Megaflo's need servicing along with the boiler.

Similar plumbing topics

Looks that way, a multimeter would tell alot...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
A
Not sure why you’d replace the pcb without due...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Fitted the blue cap and keeps the valve...
Replies
Views
They were quite accurate IMO and might look...
Replies
Views
Back