Hot water only with Central Heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water only with Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian L

Hi all, I feel this may be a long question but the solution is probably in the detail

Boiler Worchester Bosch 28i RSF (fitted circ 2002)

For some time the PRV has been leaking, I have eventually resolved this by installing a new expansion vessel (in the return, not replacing the original in the boiler). In my madness I thought the system would work better, it is quite a long way to the furthest radiator, to keep the system at around 2 bar. It worked well, most of the time we used DHW the CH was on and everything was fine. However it turned out that if the CH was not on the DHW didn't work. I turned down the pressure on the CH to 1 bar and this resolved the problem, however this now turns out not to be 100% reliable and the DHW doesn't always work when the CH has been off overnight and the CH had not yet fired in. The boiler operates using a water flow turbine and an air pressure switch, I do think it is one of these parts but don't know which one to try first. My question - any thoughts?

Thanks for your help
Brian

Heating wouldn't work if it is your air p swt, need to do voltage tests on water f turbine.

Hi Brian,
My 28i is having the same problem, did you ever get to the cause as im thinking the flow turbine or thermister/sensor as the pcb was replaced less than 12 months ago.

Cheers
John

Hi John
Yes I did get to the bottom of it. The bearing in the flue extractor fan was worn and it was taking a while to get up to speed thus not causing a vacuum. I sprayed it with WD 40 and it has worked ever since.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Back