hot water problems with a gloworm 24ci boiler - repair or replace? Advice needed! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hot water problems with a gloworm 24ci boiler - repair or replace? Advice needed! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babasu

Hello all,

First time post, you come recommended by someone, so hoping you might be able to help!

I have a gloworm 24ci combi boiler, approximately 8 years old. For several months it's been showing a fault code - F9 - which apparently relates to the heating exchanger. This was replaced back in March but didn't resolve the issue (intermittent hot water / gas flame going out etc). We were advised to have a powerflush to clear the whole system, which was done a couple of weeks ago. The engineer who carried that out has advised that we need a new diverter assembly manifold which will cost a few hundred quid.

I can't get my insurers to sort this out (have had an UTTER nightmare with trying to get an engineer out to look at it in the first place), and the engineer who did the powerflush said that the model is spectacularly useless anyway (a cheap one, and not an original gloworm boiler - part of a job lot of stock from a company which has since gone bust).

So I'm wondering whether it's worth simply paying for the DAM or give up and simply get a new boiler (am seeking quotes for both). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rebecca

Re: hot water problems with a gloworm 24ci boiler - repair or replace? Advice needed

well beccy if you want a IMHO glowworms are rubbish TBH get a baxi duotec or potterton heatmax instead

Re: hot water problems with a gloworm 24ci boiler - repair or replace? Advice needed

thanks Gas Man! I'm feeling that way inclined, just got reluctant partner to deal with now!

agree with above dont waste any more cash on it! pop it towards a new boiler!

Hello, does the hot water run hot then cold and the boiler short cycles? If this is the case then you calorifier could be at fault. changed one last week and hot water hot as ever. Has the mains inlet to the boiler got a scale inhibitor? if not one needs fitting. Rgds Bill Heating engineer

Let's do the time warp again.

Becky is now married with 2 kids and a nice boiler:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks guys. Turned the valve and it fired up 👍
Replies
Views
Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw...
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back