Hot water tank | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water tank in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

K

KellyC1

Hi

Any advice on this tank. It has no timer also.
How many hows should i leave it on for do you think? Or is it a case of trail and error?
Any other advise tips are hugely appreciated

Thanks 20161013_212717.jpg

20161013_212725.jpg

have you got oil or gas central heating ?

right ok best to get a sparky to wire in a programmable timer for you

It will probably take two to three hours switched on to heat the entire tank contents to about 60 degrees from cold. The immersion heater, the head of which is the black "cap" on the top of the cylinder, should contain a thermostat which will automatically switch the heater off when it reaches a set temperatures (e.g. 60).

You could get someone to fit a timer to it, so that it would, for example, come on if required between 07:00 and 09:00 then again from 18:00 to 20:00 or whatever times you think are appropriate. Should be about 1 to 1.5 hours to fit, but in my experience they aren't all that reliable and the timers themselves (the electronic ones) only last 2 to 4 years.

The capacity of your tank is slightly less than 100 litres and to heat fully 10 to 60 degrees C will take 6Kw-Hrs. i.e. a 2Kw immersion will take 3hrs. 1.5Kw takes 4hrs etc. Much depends on hot water demand. For someone like me, who baths regularly, once a week, a timer for the six other days would make sense, but for a household with more diverse demand the convenience of hot water as and when required may be a price worth paying, provided thermostatic control functions correctly.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back