Hot water temperature dial - on Boiler - fixable? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water temperature dial - on Boiler - fixable? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaillant ecoTECH Plus 837.

Hot water (taps) temperature dial on boiler - rotates - but does not change the temp on the boiler - it's as if its no longer connected to the rotary switch itself.

I think the plastic shaft is broken/snapped.

Either way - is such a mechanical problem easily fixable?

My thanks to any - willing to advise.

Vaillant ecoTECH Plus 837.

Hot water (taps) temperature dial on boiler - rotates - but does not change the temp on the boiler - it's as if its no longer connected to the rotary switch itself.

I think the plastic shaft is broken/snapped.

Either way - is such a mechanical problem easily fixable?

My thanks to any - willing to advise.

Yes it can be fixed but you really should use a Gas safe Engineer to do it. You need to remove the case of the appliance to gain access. That job cannot be done from outside the case.

Will definitely be using a gas safe engineer - but how big is the job?

Would it be fair to ask if the part can be replaced during a normal service?

Is it as simply as clicking a new replacement into place - or is it very involved?

i would say so plus parts of-course tho

Should be round the 25 mark

Shaun's right. They're a stock item, not very expensive and during service easy peasy.

As a job on its own, you'll pay call out or min charge !

Up to you how desperate it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
Set the ufh mixer to 30-40 / what the design...
Replies
Views
Back