Hot water venting into header tank | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water venting into header tank in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys. I have an issue with the header tank in my loft being full of hot water. The vent from the cylinder goes into the cold water tank so it’s not coming from there. There is a vent pipe that comes from what I am assuming is the hot feed to the cylinder coil (50mm copper looks like it come from boiler) all the time the boiler is on the pump runs and it pushes hot water into the header tank even if the boiler isn’t firing. Is it normal for this to be vented? Am I just seeing pump over run which should be going through a bypass but is just dumping it into the tank instead?
im not sure what system it is all I know is it’s oil fired and was installed in the 60s and the previous owners Dad considered himself a genius and has fiddled and altered all sorts all over the house and generally screwed everything up ( I will spare you the story of the electrical repairs he made, suffice it to say disconnecting the earth rod isn’t the best way to stop rcds tripping).
Any advice is much appreciated.

Stu

Stupid question first: How many header tanks are there? (Does the boiler have its own header tank, or is it pressurised from the mains - can you see a filling loop and a pressure gauge)

Cheers,

Roy

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the replies. The 15mm pipe teed off...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
They generally have the same size thread. 3/4"...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You've fecked up, it's not the way to do it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This is probibaly a better diagram of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If this is pumping over or expansion from the...
Replies
Views
Back