Hot water with Philmac coupler? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water with Philmac coupler? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Can I use a Philmac transition coupler on a hot water pipe? Couldn't find the information online and Philmac customer service doesn't answer the phone. It's a 22mm plastic pipe that transitions on to a lead pipe which is around 32mm, the current coupler of unknown brand has failed and I can't find anything else that will fit. It provides hot water to the bathroom so if Philmac is incompatible with hot water I'll have to replace the pipe work. Is it worth replacing the whole lead pipe anyway? It would mean taking up floor coverings and subfloor in 3 rooms and a hallway, can't work out why it would be there in the first place as new plastic pipes were laid at some point in the past but seems like whoever did it just left a section of lead in there and connected either end to plastic pipe to feed the hot water, seems a bit ridiculous to me...

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If it were in my house I would leave it. If it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I just found this female adaptor which is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why don't you find out when the system was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, the problems been ongoing since we moved...
Replies
Views
Back