Hotter water with showerhead on the floor? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hotter water with showerhead on the floor? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

JamesD

Hello, I'm in need of some advice before renovating the bathroom.

I have a normal gravity fed shower that has appalling water pressure and usually takes about 10 mins to warm up. I noticed this morning that if I leave the shower head on the floor the hot water comes though much quicker and cools off again when I raise the shower head back up before eventually heating up.

Is this due to the cold water overpowering the hot water flow so its predominantly cold. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance
James

It is due to the head of pressure available higher the shower head the less head of water you have lower the shower head the mored head of water you have you need to have a shower pump fitted or a compleate hotwater upgrade cheers kop

Upvote 0
It is due to the head of pressure available higher the shower head the less head of water you have lower the shower head the mored head of water you have you need to have a shower pump fitted or a compleate hotwater upgrade cheers kop
Thanks KOP. We are heading down the pump route so good to have confirmation its the right direction.

Upvote 0
Just make sure you:
- put additional tank capacity in loft
- pipe the pump according to instructions
- fit FULL BORE isolating valves
- makes sure pump electrical supply has at least an RCD behind it

Upvote 0
Check the cold isn't on the mains also..., you never know. Had that before! Plus check for restrictive valves/blocked filters in existing shower pipework. The hot and cold on a gravity fed system have the same head of water..... but the hot has far more restrictions to it, especially when mr DIY has been at it and put countless light pattern ISO's and flexis in.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
  • Article
Shower tray not flush to wall Hello All, I...
Replies
Views
Back