Hoval TKDR35 Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hoval TKDR35 Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a new customer at a hotel with a Hoval TKDR35 (oil fired) to service which is about 35 years old. It's a bit of a leviathan. Looks like I'm going to have to climb inside it to clean it out. Need plenty of overalls!!

The burner is just a standard two stage NuWay which is straightforwards ehough.

Anyone else worked on one of these?

I have a new customer at a hotel with a Hoval TKDR35 (oil fired) to service which is about 35 years old. It's a bit of a leviathan. Looks like I'm going to have to climb inside it to clean it out. Need plenty of overalls!!

The burner is just a standard two stage NuWay which is straightforwards ehough.

Anyone else worked on one of these?
I wouldnt know where to start ,stuff that size scares me, I wish I had the skills and knowlege to work on industrial size stuff.

I saw something similar recently and ran away.

Phoned a reputable boiler man and he told me he serviced it once then ran away after that.

I've done big ones before (boilers that is (whoops I mean heating boilers that is)) and you do get inside them (oh dear where is this post going - better stop there)..

Joking aside, it's no different to a small one, still has baffle plates and combustion chamber to clean out, burner to strip down and service, nozzles to change, oil lines to check Combustion analysis to do, form to fill in etc no different to a smaller one. Just takes longer, you get dirtier and you charge more to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Boiler and circulating pump efficiency has...
Replies
Views
C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is...
Replies
Views
Back