How can I temporarily blank toilet soil pipe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How can I temporarily blank toilet soil pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, is there a way that I can temporarily blank off the WC connection to the soil pipe?

I'm trying to remove the toilet, while fitting out the suite.

Is there a way to plug the hole? I heard you can buy covers for these.

Thanks

yes,depends how much of the soil or connector is showing,

I've used a marigold kitchen glove before,makes a tight seal,but having not seen the location of your wc and if say upstairs wc's are connected to the soil pipe I would play safe and buy something more appropriate, need a photo and details of anything else discharging into the soil from above

You can pick up a bung for around £10 expands In the hole, I stick em in a plastic bag fist to keep it clean

Hi, is there a way that I can temporarily blank off the WC connection to the soil pipe?

One of [DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Rothenberger-Drain-Test-Plug/p/118731?CAWELAID=120135120001173926&CAGPSPN=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping%20-%20Heating%20and%20Plumbing&tmcampid=&tmad=c&tmplaceref=jDT8NIuC&utm_content=sjDT8NIuC_dc|pcrid|43364569612|kword||match||plid|&gclid=CPyVu_zd4MsCFdMV0wod01sFsw"]these [/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
One of [DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Rothenberger-Drain-Test-Plug/p/118731?CAWELAID=120135120001173926&CAGPSPN=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping%20-%20Heating%20and%20Plumbing&tmcampid=&tmad=c&tmplaceref=jDT8NIuC&utm_content=sjDT8NIuC_dc|pcrid|43364569612|kword||match||plid|&gclid=CPyVu_zd4MsCFdMV0wod01sFsw"]these [/DLMURL]

Thanks that's what I'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy way..... take the pan connect of if there is one still fitted and fit a 4" cap end... if it's temporary leave it loose if a permanent job use solvent weld to cap off the 4" waste pipe...

Job done..

Craig.

Easy way..... take the pan connect of if there is one still fitted and fit a 4" cap end... if it's temporary leave it loose if a permanent job use solvent weld to cap off the 4" waste pipe...

Or just buy some fire alarm dust covers... works wonders lol...

Job done..

Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Back