How can I turn down this traditional towel radiator with tap valves? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How can I turn down this traditional towel radiator with tap valves? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have recently had this radiator fitted and currently it gets very hot. I would like to turn the radiator temperature down however I'm unsure which valve I need to turn. I am not sure which is the flow or return. Or does it not make a difference?

At the moment, both valves in the picture are fully open.

For any comments regarding balancing... this is the only radiator in the house that doesn't have a TRV. I have a mix of Drayton Wiser smart TRVs and regular 'dumb' TRVs.

2023-04-04 10.11.47.jpg

I forgot to add above another option, would it be better to reduce my boiler flow temp instead, as this is the only rad on my system that is not controlled by a TRV?

Similar plumbing topics

Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Hi d36csr. You aren't a bicycle plumber are...
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
N
Agree with the above insulation and windows...
Replies
Views
Back