How do I adjust my pressure gauge? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do I adjust my pressure gauge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eric.e

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm supposed to look, from time to time, at the gauge above my hot water tank (see attached photo) and adjust it so that the black needle is over the red one?

And I think I'm supposed to do this using one or both of the two black taps on the flexible pipe leading into (or is it out of?) the red tank. But how do I do it? Do I turn them both on at once, or what?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Eric

Attachments

• CIMG3117.jpg
    CIMG3117.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 43
The pressure should normally be on 1 bar when the system is COLD. Open up the two black valve levers on the flexi hose until that pressure is reached. The hose should actually be disconnected at one end when not in use and be allowed to dangle.

Not that it matters to much on this system as end dead leg but pressure release valve should not be positioned up side down as rubbish could collect and block,also is red expansion vessel supported ?

I like to open 1 fully and then control the fill on the other.
Agree with puddle that is fitted upside down

Many thanks to the three of you for your help.

I've increased the pressure but one of the valves took a bit of opening and, once it freed, the flow went a bit faster than I expected, so the pressure is now at about one and a quarter. Will that be OK?

The tank is supported by a bracket on the wall, by the way.

How often should it be necessary to check the pressure?

Kind regards,
Eric

p.s. Both black and red needles are now in about the same position on the dial (one and a quarter). OK?
Eric

That should be fine but but as whpes says in future keep it around the 1 bar mark when cold,you can check the pressure as much as you like,put should not be topping up more than three times a year if system sealed ok,usually we top up once a year when we service the systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks yes I'll try that tomorrow I discovered...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to increase the pressure in...
Replies
Views
Need to top the system up where the guage is...
Replies
Views
still same issue, I haven't done anything...
Replies
Views
If this is your model, some of your questions...
Replies
Views
Back