How do I remove a rounded off screw from kitchen mixer tap? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do I remove a rounded off screw from kitchen mixer tap? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached photo. I tried using a rubber band with the screw driver but to no avail. Any tips on what I can do to get this screw out to get the spout off?

Attachments

• 20240228_215656.jpg
    20240228_215656.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 54
As above but if an Allen key doesn’t fit you can use a torx bit

As above but if an Allen key doesn’t fit you can use a torx bit
Thanks. I had originally used a torx bit head (T10) on my electric screwdriver the first time I undid it, which worked. But on trying again with the same one, it just kept spinning around and rounded it off somewhat and created a bit of a dome shape in the hole. The next size up I have is too big for it (T20), so will see if I can get an Allen key to fit.

T15 bit ? And once out replace the Allen bolt

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older...
Replies
Views
  • Question
For £60 ish quid might be best just to replace...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, I'll give it more welly!
Replies
Views
  • Question
For future reference, you’re best off with a...
Replies
Views
Back