How do I turn heating on and off using thermostat | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do I turn heating on and off using thermostat in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there,

We recently had work done on our flat and the plumbers moved the combi-boiler to a new location and installed a few new radiators. The boiler is wired back to a new heatmiser Neo-stat thermostat. Now that it is starting to get cooler I thought I would test out the heating. So I turned the knob on the boiler from the hot water to the hot water and radiators function.
I then turned on the thermostat and set the temperature to a nice 25 degrees to get the radiators to turn on. Nothing happened - no heat. I played around with the thermostat for a while but nothing would make the radiators turn on. I gave up and turned the thermostat off. Then almost instantly all the radiators fired up and got hot! I then turned the thermostat back on and the radiators stayed on. I then turned the thermostat off and the radiators remained on.

What could be going on here and how do I get the thermostat to turn the radiators on and off? Only way I can get them off is to turn them off at the boiler.

Any help would be great!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks - you're right, we had a plumber round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would be checking the pump. Undo the bleed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The pin is in the part of the valve still...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A common problem it's often missed glad you're...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wanted to bring this one to conclusion. My...
Replies
Views
Back