How do you change the washer on this type of kitchen mixer tap? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do you change the washer on this type of kitchen mixer tap? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All,
Kitchen mixer tap (see image) is dripping and it's driving me nuts! I can't find a good enough description of the type of tap it is to find a link on You Tube and work out how to change the washer.
Any links or generic advice on what needs to be done to change the washer (after I've turned the water supply off) would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210130_100956.jpg
    20210130_100956.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 44
Heads have little grub screws in side, heads pop off and expose quite standard valves.
These are 1/4 turn ceramic cartridges and you'd be best to change them but can be awkward getting the right ones.
If it were me I'd replace the whole tap as its just a cheap one

The tap appears to be a Hapilife model "Hapi-03Z"

I think it has ceramic cartridges in it, not traditional washers.
I suspect if you can unscrew the chrome 'collar' under the lever handle, it will pull off, complete with lever, when fully unscrewed.
You will need to find a pair of suitable cartridges, investigate why the current ones are leaking, or buy a replacement tap for £24.99!

you were quicker off the mark, Knappers!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Heads have little grub screws in side, heads pop off and expose quite standard valves.
These are 1/4 turn ceramic cartridges and you'd be best to change them but can be awkward getting the right ones.
If it were me I'd replace the whole tap as its just a cheap one
Thanks for the info - found the screws you mentioned. Going to take up your advice regarding getting a replacement as the spout is loose and I don't need quality taps at the moment.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
  • Question
For future reference, you’re best off with a...
Replies
Views
Back